Why use a real estate broker?
A real estate transaction is a complex, delicate process which requires a thorough knowledge of the real estate market. In addition to managing all the commercial, financial and legal details, you must be able to negotiate effectively. Real estate brokers who are members of a real estate board are experts in the field!
Not only will you successfully navigate every step of your transaction thanks to their services, but you will also benefit from the legal protections set out in the Real Estate Brokerage Act.
Here is why you should use the services of a real estate broker.
1. Better Protection
The Real Estate Brokerage Act and various other organizations regulate the real estate brokerage profession, which means that services you receive from brokers must be both ethical and competent. And if a problem does occur during a transaction, you can receive help from the:
- OACIQ Public Assistance Department;
- Fonds d’indemnisation du courtage immobilier (Real Estate Brokerage Compensation Fund);
- Fonds d’assurance responsabilité professionnelle du courtage immobilier du Québec (Québec Real Estate Brokerage Professional Liability Insurance Fund).
2. Professional Services
Real estate brokers provide you with a complete service. They are highly-trained and well-regulated professionals who must:
- follow training courses;
- successfully pass the OACIQ exam;
- adhere to a code of conduct and professional standards of practice.
3. The Right Asking or Selling Price
Your real estate broker not only has the necessary knowledge and skills but also the exclusive use of Centris® to help you determine the right asking price for your property. Your broker can help you:
- sell your property as quickly as possible;
- obtain the maximum price consistent with market conditions.
4. Exclusive Resources When Looking to Buy
Your real estate broker has privileged access to Centris® to help you find the property of your dreams. Centris® is a much more comprehensive database than the centris.ca public site. Your broker can help you through each step of the transaction process.
5. Sound Advice
Doing business with a broker means that you are guaranteed of receiving sound, objective advice to successfully complete your purchase or sale.
Tips for Buyers
Learn how to choose the property best suited to your needs and situation, how to finance your purchase, which professionals are involved in the transaction, and so on.
Tips for Sellers
Should you buy or sell first? What documents are required for the sale? How can you make a good first impression on buyers? Here are some essential tips.